Strawberry and Coconut Summer Salad with Crumbled Goat Cheese
Hot summer days call for refreshing and crisp meals. Salads kind of take center stage in that department. Salads are perfect to pair with your choice of protein and they are usually made quickly and they brighten pretty much any meal.
This Strawberry and Coconut Summer Salad is like a vacation on a plate! The strawberries are bright red, juicy and so sweet while the coconut chips add the perfect crunch.
These store bought coconut chips are a great pantry staple. I add them to yogurt parfaits, granola and just like I did here, they even work great on a salad. The coconut is sweet and crunchy, but since they are thin, they crunch up beautifully in every bite.
This salad is tossed with crumbled goat cheese for a subtle tang. Combined with a bright spring and spinach salad mix, this is just a beautiful combination of ingredients and textures.
The addition of a creamy balsamic vinaigrette that coats the lettuce and adds sweetness and perfect flavor to compliment the other ingredients.
This is how I made this Strawberry and Coconut Summer Salad:
Tip! I like to plate this salad on a flat large platter instead of a salad bowl because it’s beautiful combination of colors can be better appreciated.
Start by placing the spring and spinach salad mix on to the platter.
Sprinkle the quartered strawberries in a line down the middle of the salad mix.
Sprinkle the goat cheese on one side of the strawberries and the coconut on the other side of the strawberries.
For the Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette:
I like to use a jar or dressing mixing jar.
Tip! Use an old jar with a lid or you can use a bowl, just whisk all the ingredients.
Add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mayo, honey, salt and pepper. Shake well to combine all ingredients and emulsify the mixture.
Tip! If you prefer a sweeter vinaigrette, add more honey to it. I have even added 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to this vinaigrette.
Serve the salad on individual plates and drizzle the vinaigrette on top. Avoid dressing the entire salad with the dressing as it will wilt down the lettuce quite quickly.
Strawberry Coconut Summer Salad
- Large flat platter
- Dressing jar or Mason jar
- Garlic press
- 1 cup store bought toasted coconut chips
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 5oz 50/50 spring mix/spinach container
- 10 large strawberries
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey +more if you prefer it sweeter
- 1 large garlic clove finely minced (garlic press does it best)
- salt and pepper
- Lay the lettuce mix on a large flat serving platter.
- Rinse and remove the top of the strawberries. Cut them in quarters. If they are too big, cut them smaller.
- Arrange the strawberries in a line right in the middle of the platter over the lettuce mix.
- On one side of the strawberries, sprinkle the goat cheese and on the other side, sprinkle the coconut chips.
- In a dressing mixing container or mason jar, add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mayo, honey, salt and pepper.
- Shake the vinaigrette very well to help emulsify the mixture.
- Taste the vinaigrette and add more honey if you prefer it sweeter.
- Serve the salad in individual plates and drizzle the vinaigrett over each individual serving.