Blue cheese stuffed dates wrapped with bacon – a cocktail party star!
I first had these at a friend’s baby shower one thousand years ago, or so it seems, and even though it feels like such a distant memory, I still enjoy them now. Who doesn’t love a bacon appetizer, right? These babies will make your top list of party appetizers. Truly, they are addictive.
The salty bacon balances the sweetness of the date, and before you know it, the blue cheese surprise inside delivers the perfect tang and creaminess.
You’ll find yourself and your guests eating this bacon appetizer like its popcorn!
Detailed Recipe Instructions for these Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Dates:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
Tip! Although the bacon will release its fat, the cheese inside of the date might ooze out, the non stick spray will help them not stick and become a mess.
Cut each strip of bacon into three. Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch cubes or so. Count 24 toothpick and set aside.
Take a piece of the blue cheese, and insert it into a date piece. Then, wrap each date with a mini bacon strip. Using a toothpick, secure the bacon around the date, with the blue cheese inside.
Bake for 35 minutes. Half very through the baking time at 20 minutes, flip the dates so that the bacon browns evenly on all sides.
Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Remove the toothpicks and serve warm.
- Baking sheet
- 24 dates
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup blue cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Spray an aluminum lined baking sheet with nonstick spray
- Cut the bacon in three, so you now have three small strips
- Stuff each date with a piece of the blue cheese
- Wrap each date with a mini bacon strip and secure with a toothpick
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip each date over so the bacon can brown evenly on all sides
- Bake for another 15 minutes
- Remove toothpicks and serve warm